Mount Horeb Landmarks Foundation, Inc.

A Place to Gather

The District #1 Schoolhouse was not only restored to preserve local history and to bring to life our community heritage, but also to provide a place to gather in a warm and inviting setting. The building is available for use by anyone in the community.   It is available for individuals, businesses and organizations for their own gatherings or meetings.  Some uses have been graduation parties and family reunions, concerts, recitals, birthday parties, showers, shows, exhibits, and weddings and other events and meetings.

The main floor of the building is the restored 1889 classroom which is an open space unless the school desks are in place for the “School Days” program in May.  The basement is also finished, with an outside ground level entrance, and it is also available for use.  There are two restrooms in the building and a recently completed kitchen on the second floor.  Tables and chairs are available.  Lots of parking is available with village parking lots on the side and rear of the building.

There is minimal fee for use, and anyone interested in reserving the building can call Chuck Misky at 437-5823 to check the schedule and get all the information.